Dance Consultant (2 month Contract, 5 hrs a Week, Opportunity to Extend – Remote)
Who we are:
Mighty Yell is an independent game development studio based in Toronto. We’re on a mission to make exciting innovative games in a sustainable way. To us, making sure that our employees are healthy and excited about work is as important as making the game itself.
Why we need you:
Mighty Yell Studios is looking to hire a consultant on the art, practice, theory, and history of dance for an upcoming video game.
- Consultancy consists of reviewing and iterating on current game design, giving feedback and also informing dance choices for given characters in the game.
- Applying knowledge of the history and cultural significance around given dance styles is helpful, along with the ability to work with designers to categorize and list potential dance moves for use in the game.
- Additional consideration will be provided to applicants willing to select and record dance moves for reference in animation.
Qualifications you’ll need:
- Knowledge of any dance style is welcome, but focus and interest around ballet, jazz, hip-hop, or contemporary is an asset.
- Formal education or professional experience in dance not required.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Consultancy rate (including any dance and performance rate) $100/hr.
- Work from home
Mighty Yell believes that a team made of people from diverse backgrounds makes better games, and we are committed to providing opportunities to applicants regardless of ancestry, ethnicity, gender identity, gender expression, physical and intellectual ability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or socio-economic status. Members of underrepresented or marginalized groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
All interested applicants are invited to send a cover letter and resumé to email@example.com
Any questions regarding this position can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline Nov 30th, 2023
Start Date: January 2024